Security solutions company, eScan has recently come up with astudy that highlights some security loopholes in Xiaomi smartphone’s OS.
eScan has alerted Xiaomi users of multiple flaws in MIUI system apps which are capable of introducing unintentional vulnerabilities into end-user as well as security apps. Unlike other operating systems, MIUI OS by design has multiple security lapses. In particular, the MI-Mover App can override the application sandbox of the android OS thereby posing a significant threat to the installed apps.
1. MI-Mover App overrides the application sandbox of the Android OS
2. Any device-administrator app can be uninstalled without revoking its device-admin rights
3. Unlike other smartphones, Xiaomi with MI-Mover can be cloned in few minutes without needing to root the device
4. MIUI devices rather than deleting, hides the Work-Profile Admin app
5. Not easy to delete the Work-Profile
6. Workspace profiles cannot be differentiated from the personal profile posing a serious challenge from the security point of view in Enterprise Mobility Management(EMM)
Smartphones have become an integral part of our lives and enable us to become smarter individuals. Hence, in order to ensure the safeguarding of interests and using a smartphone to its fullest potential, one needs to think/analysis the technical specifications before opting it, said the researchers.