Cisco and D-Link are once again the top two choices in this category. Juniper lags behind, especially in the 100-499 employees’ segment.
Cisco yet again continues to dominate this space in both survey segments. The same story holds for the runner-up brand D-Link as well, which holds its ground in both employee segments and is actually narrowing it's gap with Cisco in each of them. The only other brand that made it to the club in both segments is Juniper. Compared to last year, HP moved out of the club in both segments, whereas Avaya moved out of the club for the 500-999 employee segment. Cisco rules the roost across most of the parameters in this category, with exceptions being mean satisfaction score and shift-outs in the 100-499 employees segment, followed by D-Link.
Coming to brand loyalty, Cisco enjoys 99% loyal users in the 100-499 employees segment, while the remaining had no plans to shift to any other brand. D-Link had 96% loyal users, but does not need to be as worried as last year because this time only 1% of its existing users said they're likely to shift to Cisco in the near future.
Juniper had 94% brand loyalty, with 6% likely shift outs to Linksys (which did not make it to the club).
In the 500+ employees segment, Cisco enjoys a brand loyalty of 98%, with minor movements to other brands like D-Link and Juniper. D-Link on the other hand had totally loyal customers at 100%. Juniper enjoys 96% brand loyalty, with the remaining 4% not being very sure about their plans.
The top reason for selecting a particular brand remains the same as last year (product quality) across both employee segments, both for current ownership as well as future prospects. This was followed by brand value to a large extent, and then by value for money. One interesting fact discovered is that none of Juniper's users, either current/prospective in the 100-499 segment chose the brand because of after-sales support/service. However, in the 500+ employees segment, after-sales support/service was found to be a parameter which is more or less as important as value-for-money, for all 3 brands, for both current users and future prospects.