CD Projekt RED says Cyberpunk 2077 will not be delayed despite Coronavirus

by March 16, 2020 0 comments

The Coronavirus Pandemic has brought the world to a standstill, and the video gaming industry is no exception. Just the day before, Valve had announced that their fourth Major and Minor events will be completely cancelled. But it looks like CD Projekt RED is going to deliver Cyberpunk 2077 in September despite the Coronavirus fear.

But fret not, the safety of their employees is still important to them. In an official announcement, the developer said that they will be completely switching to remote work ‘as long as needed.’

They said in the official announcement on Twitter:

“Over the past week, we have been adapting to the situation and gradually rolling out preventive measures across our entire organization. We’ve also been upgrading our equipment and infrastructure and working towards enabling our employees to work remotely, from the safety of their homes.

Today, as a result of their preparation, CD PROJEKT RED switches to full remote work for as long as it is needed. We think this will grant every team member the highest level of personal health and safety. And while this is all a bit new to everyone, we are rising to the challenge and showing no signs of stopping in our effort to bring you some kick-ass role-playing action in September.”

For now, everything seems to be on track. But if that will remain the case in case the pandemic isn’t controlled, remains to be seen. It might be a bit of problem on platforms like Xbox and PS4 where people still buy physical copies of games and the manufacturing industry has been hit hard.

No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

<