by September 2, 2011 0 comments



Microsoft IIS is the application server of choice in both employee segments and therefore takes the coveted top slot of the Users’ Choice Club 2011. In the 100-499 employees segment, it is IBM Websphere that stands second to Microsoft IIS followed by Oracle 9i/10g, whereas in the 500-1000 employees segment, the two brands swap their positions for the second and third spot. While only these three brands managed to make it to the Users’ Choice club in the 100-499 employees segment, three more brands managed made it in the 500-1000 employees segment-Novell, Sybase, and Jboss.

[image_library_tag 773/69773, border=”0″ align=”right” hspace=”4″ vspace=”4″ ,default]

Microsoft IIS had the highest current brand ownership amongst survey respondents in both employee segments. Oracle 9i/10g enjoys the highest top of mind recall in both employee segments, but it seems that when it comes to actual usage or intent to purchase, the votes change in both employee segments.

Respondents in both employee segments gave brand value and product reliability as the key reasons for choosing MS IIS and Oracle. This was true for respondents who were currently using these brands as well as those who were likely to choose them in the future.

[image_library_tag 774/69774, border=”0″ align=”right” hspace=”4″ vspace=”4″ ,default]

Coming to brand loyalty, in the 100-499 employees segment, it is IBM Websphere that enjoys the highest brand loyalty, with 88% of the current users saying that they were likely to stay with it in the future also. MS IIS was close on its heels at 85% brand loyalty, followed by Oracle 9i/10g at a distant three with only 69% brand loyalty. In 500-1000 employees segment, there’s a major shift, with MS IIS and Novell enjoying 100% brand loyalty, followed by IBM Websphere at 94%. Sybase had 80% brand loyalty, while the remaining 20% saying that they were likely to switch to MS IIS. In case of Oracle, 11 % of the users weren’t sure which brand to shift to in the future.

Click on the image to enlarge

[image_library_tag 775/69775, border=”0″ align=”middle” hspace=”4″ vspace=”4″ ,default]

No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

<