Gemalto has announced its SafeNet data encryption and key management solutions are now available to customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
VMware Cloud on AWS brings together VMware’s enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) software and elastic, bare-metal infrastructure from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to give organizations consistent operating model and application mobility for private and public cloud. Gemalto’s SafeNet solutions enable VMware Cloud on AWS customers to deploy client-side encryption, centralized key management and tokenization to simplify security operations such as data visibility, compliance auditing and policy execution and enforcement.
Gemalto’s SafeNet data encryption and key management solutions help organizations protect their data in the cloud, applications, data centers, networks and virtual environments. VMware customers running workloads in AWS can easily integrate Gemalto’s cloud-ready security technology to:
- Boost cloud security – customers can store and manage keys in central, hardened appliances, and gain the visibility and control they need to consistently and effectively enforce security controls.
- Ensure key ownership – through secure key storage, high availability, and scalability, organizations ensure they retain total control of their encryption keys and data.
- Streamline key management – administrators can centrally manage keys, permissions and policies with more speed, ease, and efficiency.
- Simplify compliance – the centralized platform enables customers to ensure and demonstrate compliance with stringent security policies and compliance mandates.
VMware Cloud on AWS technology partners enable customers to deploy the same proven solutions seamlessly in both the public and private cloud. VMware simplifies the deployment and eliminates the need for partners to refactor solutions for VMware Cloud on AWS. If a partner solution works on-premises in a VMware vSphere® environment, it will easily support VMware Cloud on AWS. VMware technology partners complement and enhance native VMware Cloud on AWS service and enable customers to realize new capabilities.
For more information, visit the VMware Cloud on AWS marketplace or try a 30-day free trial of Gemalto’s SafeNet KeySecure and SafeNet ProtectV for VMware.
“Companies gain elasticity and speed to market with the cloud, but often want to maintain control over the security of their data. With Gemalto, VMware Cloud on AWS customers have one data protection solution making it easier to monitor and track all of their activities,” said Todd Moore, senior vice president of Encryption Products at Gemalto. “Working across multiple cloud services is becoming the norm. Using a centralized system helps companies take a preventative approach to security instead of reactive one by getting a better understanding of where the data resides, how it is being used and the current threats to privileged users.”
“VMware Cloud on AWS provides customers a seamlessly integrated hybrid cloud offering that gives customers the SDDC experience from the leader in private cloud, running on the leading public cloud provider, AWS,” said Mark Lohmeyer, vice president, products, Cloud Platforms Business Unit, VMware. “Solutions such as SafeNet KeySecure and connectors enable IT teams to reduce cost, increase efficiency and create operational consistency across cloud environments. We’re excited to work with partners such as Gemalto to enhance native VMware Cloud on AWS capabilities and empower customers with flexibility and choice in solutions that can drive business value.”
More information on Gemalto’s VMware Cloud on AWS products:
- SafeNet KeySecure – centralizes the management of encryption keys used for the protection of sensitive data in virtualized and cloud environments.
- SafeNet ProtectV – unifies encryption and control across virtualized and cloud environments, improving business agility and lowering your costs.
- SafeNet ProtectApp – provides application-level encryption for a broad range of Web application servers and enterprise applications hosted on virtual machines and in the cloud.
- SafeNet ProtectFile – Encrypt unstructured data and control access to sensitive folders and files.
- SafeNet ProtectDB – delivers database encryption for sensitive corporate and customer information stored in cloud-based databases
- SafeNet Tokenization – protects sensitive information by replacing it with a surrogate value to help organizations comply with industry standards like PCI-DSS and HIPAA