Samsung Introduces Slidable Flex Hybrid OLED Panels

Samsung Display announced its newest product, the Flex Hybrid OLED, a foldable and sliding screen

Preeti Anand
New Update
Samsung introduces slidable Flex Hybrid OLED panels

Samsung Display announced its newest product, the Flex Hybrid OLED, a foldable and sliding screen. These panels will be utilised in smartphones, tablets, and laptop computers. According to GSM Arena, a tech news website, the screen unfolds from one side and slides to allow a vast 10.5" 4:3 ratio display and an even larger 12.4" 16:10 ratio display to fit within a standard smartphone footprint.


Will the product be on show at CES 2023?

The new product and two slidable panels will be on show at CES 2023 in Las Vegas, which begins later this week.

What can we expect from the Display?

  • According to GSM Arena, the 14" OLED display can be stretched into a 17.3" screen by dragging the Flex Slidable Solo and Flex Slidable Duet projects from one (or both) end.
  • All touch-sensitive displays will aid smartphone manufacturers in their quest to revolutionise the mobile phone.
  • These panels are likely to reach the end market soon.
  • The participation of Samsung at CES 2023 will also serve as the launch venue for the display division's new QD-OLED panels for TVs and monitors.
  • The expected sizes are 77", 65", 55", and 34", as well as a 49" ultra-wide variation.

Can BOE overtake Samsung?

Samsung has the lion's share of current iPhone display orders, producing 70% of panels for both the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus (which utilise standard OLEDs) and the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max (which use LTPO OLEDs). Meanwhile, competitor BOE only produces 6.1" panels for the standard iPhone 14, and it received a minor portion of the order.


According to economist Ming-Chi Kuo, the balance of power will tilt towards the BOE this year. BOE allegedly beat Samsung to obtain the most significant order for iPhone 15 and 15 Plus screens, with the company likely to manufacture about 70% of the total (with Samsung receiving the remaining 30%).


Stay connected with us through our social media channels for the latest updates and news!

Follow us: