by August 31, 2012 0 comments



Without any surprise, the brands that constitute the Users’ Choice Club for this year are Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server in both categories, and IBM DB/2 in the 100-499 segment. Oracle continues to top the Users’ Choice charts in both segments, just like it did over the last two years. Interestingly, the brands that made it to the club follow the exact same order in both small and large enterprises. Close on Oracle’s heels, is MySQL, followed by Microsoft SQL. IBM DB/2 trail behind by a significant margin.

In the 100-499 employees segment, Oracle enjoys the highest top of mind recall amongst users surveyed, current brand ownership and brand loyalty. The top three brands have almost the same level of brand loyalty, 70%, while the remaining 30% don’t know which brand to shift out to. As much as 75% of IBM DB/2 users said they were likely to shift out, but weren’t sure which brand to shift out to.

Moving to 500-1000 employees segment, MySQL seemed to have highest number of loyal users, only a meager 13% users said they were likely to shift out but didn’t know which brand should it be. Oracle has a loyal user base of 75%, out of the remaining, 18% users were unsure which brand to shift to, and 8% users were likely to move out to Microsoft SQL.

Product reliability is the dominant reason for the respondents to choose these brands over others, followed by brand value. Oracle enjoys the highest percentage of votes for product reliability as the key reason for current ownership and future purchase as compared to the other two brands.

[image_library_tag 454/69454, border=”0″ align=”middle” hspace=”4″ vspace=”4″ ,default]
[image_library_tag 455/69455, border=”0″ align=”middle” hspace=”4″ vspace=”4″ ,default]

No Comments so far

Jump into a conversation

No Comments Yet!

You can be the one to start a conversation.

<